TOWN OF BOWDEN
PROVINCE OF ALBERTA
BEING A BYLAW OF THE TOWN OF BOWDEN IN THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA FOR THE
PURPOSE OF ESTABLISHING FEES FOR THE PURPOSES OF FREEDOM OF
INFORMATION AND PROTECTION OF PRIVACY ACT
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 89 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, being Chapter F-18.5 of the Revised Statutes of Alberta, 1994, the Town of Bowden must designate a person or group of persons as the head of the Town for the purposes of the Act;
AND WHEREAS, pursuant to Sections 87 and 89 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the Town of Bowden may set fees payable to the Town for services under the Act and Regulations;
NOW THEREFORE, the Council of the Town of Bowden, duly assembled, hereby enacts the following:
PART I - PURPOSE, DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- The purpose of the Bylaw is to establish the administrative structure of the Town of Bowden in relation to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and to set fees thereunder.
- In this Bylaw, unless the context otherwise requires:(a) "Act" means the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Revised Statutes of Alberta, Chapter F-18.5;
(b) "Applicant" means a person who makes a request for access to a record under section 7(1) of the Act;
(c) "Municipality" means the Town of Bowden and includes any board, committee, commission, panel, agency or corporation that is created or owned by the Town of Bowden and all the members or officers of which are appointed or chosen by the Town of Bowden.
(d) "Municipal Manager" means the person appointed as the Chief Administrative Officer of the Town of Bowden, and includes any person who holds the position of Municipality Manager in an Acting capacity.
(e) "Province" means the Province of Alberta.
PART II - DESIGNATED HEADDESIGNATED HEAD
- For the purposes of the Act, the Municipality Manager is designated as the Head of the Municipality.
PART III - FEESFEES
- Where an Applicant is required to pay a fee for service, the fee payable is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Regulation, AR 200/95, as amended from time to time or any successor Regulation that sets fees for requests for information from the Province.
PART IV - GENERAL
- That this Bylaw shall take effect on the date of the third and final reading.
- Bylaw 13/2000 is hereby repealed.
Read a first time this ________ day of _______________________________________, 2002.
Read a second time this ________ day of ____________________________________, 2002.
Read a third time and finally passed, this ________ day of ________________________, 2002.
These pages are created and maintained by Windsor Graphics.